A Few Things About Me




Perhaps it would be only logical for me to make my first post a little about myself.


Ok. Here goes.


First of all, i have named this blog My Hyde Side partly because it rhymes, and more importantly, because i consider it an opportunity to express myself in a manner that a lot of people who know me well would find to be somewhat alien. Generally i [believe i] am perceived as funny, jovial, fun-loving, happy-go-lucky - basically unserious; here i can show that sometimes i can be pretty thoughtful, contemplative, brooding, angst-filled, or soulful in my private moments, far from the well-known version of me out there. I consider this side of me closer to the essential me than the other. In that sense then, i could say i am not so well known, except perhaps by a few very close friends.


That however is not to say that my posts will be bland and uninteresting; my sense of humour is paradoxically as inseparable from me as my darker side. Naturally, i tend to see the funny side of issues in my thoughts, and my posts are, after all, supposed to be a reflection of my thoughts.


I guess an ideal start point for me would be to list out 10 Things I Like and 10 Things I Hate. A psychology student would be able to look at it and tell a whole lot about me. Guess the average reader can pick up a few hints too. Bear in mind however that most of these things were picked on the spur of the moment and as such, the lists are not absolute.


10 Quick Things I Like

Making people smile


Comedy

Creative Arts (the rational part anyway)


Courtesy and politeness


Football


Panache


Christmas


Fridays


Chocolate


Chicks (especially intelligent and talented ones)



(If there's ANY guy out there who can seriously deny that at least 1 of the last 3 elements are on his Top 10, then there must be something wrong with him).





10 Quick Things I Hate


NEPA

Noise, especially one that is continuous

Anything monotonous

Cricket (the sport, not necessarily so the insect)

Cockroaches

People that act too serious because it is 'mature'

People that live by other people's ideas and ideals and, naturally, feel they're so smart and sophisticated because of it

Like 70% of Lagos drivers

Man U, the club and Arsenal, the fans (most of them anyway)

Sunday evening (when i'm not on vacation)


Ok. Guess that's just about it for a first post. I hope i have been able to shed a little light on myself with it. For the record, there are many more things that i hate quite passionately, but time and space would note be enough to list them all. Besides, it's a tad too early to get so negative in my writings, so i'll let go for now. Maybe later in time, i would post a rant or two about some of such things. In the meantime, I'm cool with this, and i hope it is worthwhile reading.





Comments

  1. i love it
    so much so..i almost shed a tear(laughter being the aetiology)
    il like to comment on a few..but not here..mayb to ur fb inbox
    but il say this with a lot of gratitude...
    i am glad GOD kept you....it was your new year gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for ur comment - i was close to tears there myself for different reasons...i'm entirely humbled. Really.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uhm uhm, interesting. I never knew you blog, I actually blog too. Check it on http://www.tarday.blogspot.com

    A few comment: Why do you beef MANU so much? Have you heard of "if you can't beat them, join them" We will definitely welcome you.
    Secondly, I am yet to meet a guy that chocolate is one of his fav things...before tonight. At least, I have learnt how to bribe you in case I need to.
    Lastly, I hope the "chicks" have good reports of you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I've learnt...

One of 'em days!!!...